Knitting, designing, cooking, enjoying San Francisco bay area and American way of life

    Home     Patterns     Shop     Categories     About     Contact    

Friday, May 2, 2014

✿ New baby blanket ✿ . . . ♥ with my own colors ♥

I confess I really like making baby blankets, it is so cute ant it makes people feel so happy!!

So I always find a way to reinvent it one way or another 
while browsing stores, magazines, blogs, Pinterest and Instagram

But every time I was attracted on a particular color combination, 
I could never find the perfect yarn for it. 

Then I started to experiment dyeing yarn here and there for the past few years and 
I am finally coming up with colors I really like.

With the same recipe found here, I have came up with a dozen new colors,
Some nice, some less nice...


✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

I started with a few soft baby girl colors:
pale pink, mauve, chestnut, beige, and sand grey

but once finished the blanket was to small 
so I am probably going to add another color for the next one.



The pattern is really simple as it is all knit rows.
It gives the blanket a rich texture and a ultra soft feeling, 
perfect combination for a baby blanket.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Size: 60 x 70 cm
Yarn: Cashmere/Merino wool blend
Weight: worsted/aran









I hope other people will like the colors too as I plan to have the baby blankets for sale soon.


I selected a nice worsted cashmere blend for a luxury soft baby blanket
and plenty of yarn to continue experimenting.


4 comments:

  1. I love those colors, and the look/ease of the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much Ashley :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful baby blanket. These blanket colors are looking so nice. Thanks to sharing great information. I like your post very much.

    mammaandme.co.uk

    ReplyDelete